Your browser does not support JavaScript!
an image an image
Hillsborough County Public Schools logo
School Logo This is an image for the page banner McLane Middle
an Elevate School
This is an image for the page banner
This is an image for the page header
panel expand or collapseKey Information
2232015_10930_0.jpg
PRINCIPAL / ADMINISTRATOR
Dina Langston
Icon depecting a telephone (813) 744-8100
icon depicting a fax machine (813) 744-8135
Attendance line
(813) 744-8100
option 1
Student Hours: 9:00 AM to 4:15 PM
Uniforms: No
Before School Program: No
After School Program: No

panel expand or collapseDemographic & School Grade


DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION (by %)
Total Enrollment 634 students
Asian  17 - 2.68%
Black 304 - 47.95%
Hispanic 189 - 29.81%
Indian    1 - .16%
Multi  31 - 4.89%
White  92 - 14.51%


panel expand or collapseAddress
306 North Knights Avenue
Brandon, Florida 33510


panel expand or collapseSchool History
McLane has a rich history of development in the Brandon community where the roots of members are strong and deep.  We take great pride in our heritage and memories of years past which fill the halls and enrich each of McLane's students futures.  In 1914, the first two story school building was constructed.  It was built as an elementary school consisting of grades one through eight.  In 1919, the second two story building was added.  The higher grades were added  and in 1923 the first senior class of four members graduated from Brandon High School.

In 1928, the area had grown so much that the front section was built to accomodate the increase in enrollment.  In September of 1930, Mr. E.F. McLane came to Brandon as Principal.  He served in the position until 1964.  In 1947, additional classrooms and a gymnasium were built.  The cafeteria was added in 1950 along with the agriculture building across the street.
 
Our campus swelled to capacity and in 1953, Walter S. Yates Elementary school opened to house the elementary grades.  Brandon then became a junior-senior high school.  Before long our campus again swelled to capacity and Horace Mann Junior High School opened housing grades 6,7,8 and 9.  In 1962, Brandon High became a senior high school with 10th, 11th and 12th grades.In September of 1973, Brandon High School's new campus opened on Victoria Street.  Our campus became McLane Junior High School in honor of the principal who had been in charge of it for 34 years.

Our campus became a middle school, housing grades 6,7 and 8 in 1997.